A STRUCTURAL CRISIS IN AN EMOTIONAL LANDSCAPE
An artwork raising money to pay writers to remove 30 words from three political/cultural texts for up to one year.
CONTRIBUTE HERE OR THROUGH MATERIALS BELOW TO HELP REACH $5,000 BY DEC. 31.
ON VIEW AT SMACK MELLON, "UPROOT" THROUGH DEC. 31, 2017.
The artist has selected 30 words that reflect the political and cultural moment and attempts to encapsulate it.
In this artwork funds are raised to pay writers to stop using the 30 words in three original published texts within a year.
• Writers enter a contractual agreement with the artist
• In the agreement writers choose 3 words to keep, agreeing to remove 27 from their future texts.
• $150 for texts 500-2000 words
• $250 for texts 2000 words and above
• $750 maximum payment per writer for up to 3 texts within 1 year.
• All texts must reach publication and are to deal specifically with political and cultural themes that would likely have included a substantial amount of the 30 words.
WORD LIST (Each writer may keep 3):